Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare Accepting Registrations for Safe Sitter Program
Clinton, Mo. – (April 30, 2019) – Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare (GVMH) is taking registrations for the internationally recognized Safe Sitter Program. The program is designed for 11 to 13-year-olds who are ready to learn the skills they need to care for themselves and others.
The Safe Sitter basic class is available June 18, July 18 and July 31 from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare. Attendees will learn:
• Skills for airway rescue
• Responsibilities of child care
• Injury prevention and personal safety
• Elementary knowledge of the ages/stages of child development
• Techniques for behavior management
• Ethical and compassionate behaviors for babysitting
• Awareness of personal limitations and the importance of summoning help promptly
Classes fill up fast, so register now. The cost is $35 and includes a Safe Sitter bag, written materials and other fun stuff.
If you are interested in registering a child for a Safe Sitter class, contact Bree Smith at 660.890.8451.