Wound & Ostomy Clinic
Our wound and ostomy clinic provides personalized care for patients with challenging, nonhealing wounds, various skin conditions and ostomies. Patients may seek help with wound management, dressing changes, medications and monitoring on an outpatient basis with our registered nurses, physical therapists and general surgeon, all certified in wound care.
To ensure more personalized care, our team follows a proactive four-step process.
- Diagnose: Evaluation of your wound or skin condition, addressing any underlying medical conditions and reviewing your medical history.
- Treat: Treatment options are discussed, and a course of action is determined throughout, which the team closely monitors your progress.
- Educate: Specialists will teach you how to take an active role in your healing process and, if applicable, make suggestions on altering certain lifestyle habits to prevent new wounds or conditions.
- Support: Before, during and after treatment, we make sure your physician is updated every step of the way. If needed, we are available for any recommended follow-up appointments.
The clinic offers training, education and support aimed at improving quality-of-life for people who have had ostomy surgery. We help patients be as comfortable as possible and to care for themselves properly to prevent future complications. Staffed by certified ostomy nurses, the clinic provides any ostomy patient with a physician referral, and the following:
- Preoperative counseling
- Experienced professional support during the pre- and postoperative period
- Support and information for the benefit of family, friends and personal caregivers
- Evaluation and treatment of stomal and/or peristomal skin conditions and yearly follow-up