A Letter to Our Families, Friends and Neighbors
At Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare (GVMH), we are dedicated to providing you the Golden Standard of Care. This begins with knowing you, both inside and outside our facilities. Our patients are not just patients. They are members of our community—our family, friends and neighbors. It is understanding how to best care for you and treating you with the highest level of personal care, compassion and friendliness.
Our commitment to this mission is ingrained in our culture and reflects the way we care for our patients, visitors and staff each day, regardless of the challenges we may face. As COVID-19 continues to spread in the United States, we are prepared for a surge in west-central Missouri and are capable of caring for you.
At GVMH, we have invested extensive time over the past few weeks to ensure we are equipped to handle COVID-19 and other health concerns. We have procedures and protocols in place to treat patients with COVID-19, while maintaining a safe environment for patients being treated for other needs.
As part of our preparations, we have taken several steps to protect the safety of our patients, visitors, staff and communities. Our actions include:
- Limiting entrances to our facilities and screening all patients, visitors and staff prior to entering.
- Adjusting our visitor policies to limit exposure to others that may be ill.
- Designating waiting areas between sick and well patients, depending on symptoms and types of visits.
- Implementing social distancing in our waiting areas.
- Closing our business offices to walk-in traffic and working with patients online and over the phone to meet their billing and records needs.
- Offering virtual visits to our patients through the myGVMH Health Portal.
- Acquiring more ventilators and providing additional ventilator training to staff.
- Conserving supplies, such as face masks and personal protective equipment, by postponing elective procedures, working with supply vendors and community members, and monitoring supply use across our organization.
- Cleaning facilities per Centers for Disease Control (CDC) protocol. Our team is specially trained and we have all the appropriate cleaners.
- Addressing space in the hospital so we have the flexibility to open additional beds for patients, if needed.
- Continually working with local, state and federal agencies to ensure we have the most up-to-date information and best care plans for our patients.
We are committed to being here to serve our patients, staff and communities as long as the COVID-19 pandemic lasts and ensuring you receive our Golden Standard of Care.
Take care and stay healthy,
Craig Thompson, CEO
Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare